Reasons Why You Should Move To Another City In Your 20s
7 Reasons Why You Should Move To Another City In Your 20s
- It is the perfect time to pursue more experiences. In your twenties, chances are you still haven't figured out what you want out of life. Do you want to focus on your career? Or maybe build a family? Either way, this is not exactly a bad thing! It means that your decisions will impact you and you alone, rather than your entire family. Which, in turn, means that you are free to pursue exciting and novel experiences! You can move to the beach. Or even to the mountains! All without having to worry about where the nearest school is or whether you will have easy access to diapers and a doctor. It makes this one of the chief reasons why you should move to another city in your 20s.
- You’ll find out where you really want to live. This aforementioned freedom of being able to choose whatever city you like comes with another added benefit! You will be able to get to know what living in different cities is like. You can trust our word that beach living might sound dreamy. However, that lasts only as long as it takes for the first storm to break out. Then, you have to deal with quickly shutting windows and trying to get sand blown into your home out of your carpet. You will be able to truly experience different places and life in them, so you will know with certainty where you want to settle with your family one day.
- You will be more much more willing to take risks. Setting life goals after moving to a new country is often much easier than it was back home. Moving to a different city might not seem as drastic a change. However, once you have taken the plunge of moving to an entirely new city, you will find it much easier to take risks. After all, fear of risky decision-making comes from not wanting to disrupt your daily life. You might be afraid to apply for a new job since it could upset your current boss, and you might not get it. Or you might be worried about how the different shift times would affect your routine. With all of those gone, you will be freer to pursue your goals without much worry about the consequences!
- Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone. Do not discount the advantage of forcing yourself out of your comfort zone! It is one of the main reasons why you should move to another city in your 20s. People do not easily get themselves to do this. We are practically wired to prefer routine and comfort. A long-distance move will also necessitate help getting there, so you will need to organize everything and coordinate with a moving company. It is an excellent chance to work on your organizational and people skills! And for introverts who are averse to such tasks, this is equal to breaking through your comfort zone several times over.
- Making new friends and acquaintances. While you will need to learn how to maintain a long-distance friendship to remain in touch with your friends back home, you will be able to make plenty of new ones! Living in one city, mingling in the same circles limits the number of people you can meet and bond with. Moving to a new city will not only allow you the chance to get to know plenty of new people, but it will also ensure you must do it! No matter what kind of a job you find, you will be introduced to a new workplace, with new people and cliques to learn about and join. You are guaranteed to find at least a few like-minded individuals to call friends!
- It enhances your independence. It might sound like a cliché, but it is still valid. Life in a big city builds resilience in people, and that's a fact! Chief among the bolstered traits will be your sense of independence. Being unable to fall back on the help of friends and family will ensure you take complete charge of your life. You will be forced to build yourself up on your own, whether you like it or not. It might sound like a bad or frightening thing to some. However, you will find that it does wonders for your self-esteem and confidence! Thus, this is one of the most important reasons you should move to another city in your 20s.
- You will benefit from the confidence it will instill in you. Self-imposed limitations are a thing! Often, we tell ourselves that we can't do something simply because we are afraid, we are not good enough to succeed. However, with the confidence boost from your newfound independence, you will find it much easier to believe in yourself. This, in turn, will further better your life! You will find the final hang-ups over your decisions much easier to overcome. Even more so than the boldness afforded to you by the move we have already discussed.
With our list of reasons Why you should move to another city in your 20s winding down, we hope we have prompted you to decide to take the plunge yourself. It will undoubtedly seem intimidating at first. However, if you take the chance, you will earn yourself a valuable and enlightening experience that will aid you throughout your entire life!
Janice Mayers is a blogger and an avid fan of travel. She loves moving to new places and experiencing their culture, cuisine, and lifestyle. This is why she loves to write pieces that encourage others to embrace life and live it to its fullest.
Copyright (c) 2021 by yourlifecoach.ca